The Possibility Summit
Saturday, June 26, 9:00am-12:00 pm MDT
Over 2500 people participated in the public sessions with the Possibility Panel from January to March, jointly exploring important questions and themes about Alberta’s future. The Possibility Panel will now bring forward a series of great ideas based on what they heard. The Possibility Summit will be a chance to engage with and reflect on those ideas and play a role in elevating a more optimistic and hopeful narrative about our province.
We hope you will join us at The Possibility Summit on Saturday, June 26, 9:00am-12:00 pm MDT.
Opening and Introduction to the Possibility Panel
- Chad Park, Chair
- Tim Fox, Possibility Panelist
- Todd Hirsch, Possibility Panelist
- Nagwan Al-Guneid, Possibility Panelist
- Interviewer: Ryan Jespersen, host of Real Talk
Possibilities for Alberta’s Future – Theme Breakout
Select the breakout topic that you’d like to dig into a little deeper and hear about the related ideas from Possibility Panelists in a facilitated Q&A session.
- Economic Diversification
- Building an Inclusive Social Fabric
- Energy & Climate
- Truth, Reconciliation & Indigenous Opportunity
- Health & Wellness
- Provincial Budget
Considering the Possibilities – Parallel Sessions
Choose between 3 panels that will explore the resonance of the ideas to different sectors/communities and how these ideas could be implemented.
Panel #1 – Municipal Leaders – A panel of municipal elected officials share reflections on the resonance of the ideas for Alberta’s communities.
- Barry Morishita, Alberta Urban Municipalities Association (AUMA) President; Mayor, City of Brooks
- Erin Stang Chrusch, Senior Strategist, Office of the Mayor of Calgary
- Lisa Holmes, former Mayor, Town of Morinville, Former AUMA President, Founding Partner & Chief Operating Officer at Diplomat Consulting
Panel #2 – Business and Social Sector Leaders – A panel of Alberta’s business, innovation and social sector leaders share reflections about the ideas put forward by the Possibility Panel
- Terry Rock – President & CEO of Platform Calgary
- Alison Cretney – Managing Director of the Energy Futures Lab
- Katherine O’Neill – CEO of YWCA Edmonton
- Scott Crockatt – Vice President, Communications and External Relations at the Business Council of Alberta
Panel #3 – Youth Leaders – A panel of dynamic young Albertans will offer reflections from a youth perspective
- Diandra Bruised Head, Council Member, Kainai Blood Tribe
- Ivan Touko, CEO, La Connexional & BOM YEG, and Alberta’s Top 30 Under 30 recipient
- Kabir Nadkarni, Founder, Alberta Citizens’ Panel on Sustainable Development, and Alberta’s Top 30 Under 30 recipient
- Nisha Patel, City of Edmonton Poet Laureate, 2019 Canadian Individual Slam Champion
Reflections from Provincial Politicians
Representatives from Alberta provincial political parties will share their reflections on what they’ve heard at the Possibility Summit.
Searle Turton, Spruce Grove-Stony Plain UCP MLA
- Shannon Phillips, Lethbridge West NDP MLA, Official Opposition Finance Critic
- Jacquie Fenske, Interim Leader, Alberta Party
Voting Up the Possibilities
Have your say about the ideas put forward by the Possibility Panel.
Reflections from Chief Wilton Littlechild
As a commissioner of the Truth & Reconciliation Commission, a former Grand Chief of the Confederacy of Treaty Six First Nations, and a former Member of Parliament, among many other roles and designations, few people have a broader perspective on Alberta’s past, present and future than Chief Wilton Littlechild. Ryan Jespersen will interview Chief Littlechild to help put the options, choices and possibilities before us today into the context of an elder.
The Possibility Summit
Saturday, June 26, 9:00 am-12:00 pm
The Next Sessions
There are no indvidual sessions scheduled at this current time.